Metropolitan and regional galleries and museums, which are supported by central and local authorities, and galleries operating under the auspices of a tertiary education provider, can apply for the following activities only.
- Residencies for New Zealand artists in galleries and museums
- Curatorial internships for New Zealand curators
- Opportunities for international artists and curators to undertake high-quality projects in New Zealand that have clear benefits for New Zealanders and for visual arts practice in this country
- Writing and publication of high-quality publications associated with New Zealand visual arts
- Large-scale national forums, symposiums, publications and other opportunities for artform discourse focused on New Zealand practice
- Crating and freighting of high-quality New Zealand works for touring exhibitions within New Zealand or overseas.
Funding is not available for the core business costs of a gallery or museum including:
- Exhibition costs
- Commissioning of work that is to be part of a gallery or museum collection
- Administration and staff costs
- Venue hire
- The costs of establishing, operating, maintaining or developing the institution’s website.